Whether you are dreaming up destination ideas, busily planning details of your next trip or decompressing from your last adventure, this list of the best adventure travel quotes will inspire your wanderlust! This unconventional selection captures the explorer spirit and the global citizen mindset that comes with an around-the-world journey.
I hope these adventure travel quotes brighten your day and provide inspiration to get out and see the world for yourself!
1.The world is full of wonderful things you haven’t seen yet. Don’t ever give up on the chance of seeing them. -J.K. Rowling
2. Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won’t come in. -Alan Alda
3. To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice. – Elizabeth Gilbert
4. If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will get you there. -Lewis Carroll
5. If you wish to journey far in this life, then travel light. Remove all your envies, jealousy, unforgiving, selfishness, hate, lies and fears from your luggage and you will live a beautiful, peaceful life.
6. Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. -Jack Kerouac
7. The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes. – Marcel Proust
8. If I’m an advocate for anything, it’s to move. As far as you can, as much as you can. Across the ocean, or simply across the river. The extent to which you can walk in someone else’s shoes or at least eat their food, it’s a plus for everybody. Open your mind, get up off the couch, move. -Anthony Bourdain
9. Travel is never a matter of money but of courage. -Paulo Coelho
10. A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safegaurds, policing, and coercion are fruitless. We find that after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us. -John Steinbeck
11. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime. -Mark Twain
12. And then there is the most dangerous risk of all — the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. – Randy Komisar
13. And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it. -Roald Dahl
14. Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don’t be sorry. -Jack Kerouac
15. Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
16. We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls. -Anaïs Nin
17. Not all those who wander are lost. -J.R.R. Tolkien
18. Paths are made by walking. -Franz Kafka
19. For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move. -Robert Louis Stevenson
20. Better to see something once, than hear about it a thousand times.
21. The tragedy in the lives of most of us is that we go through life walking down a high-walled lane with people of our own kind, the same economic situation, the same national background and education and religious outlook. And beyond those walls, all humanity lies, unknown and unseen, and untouched by our restricted and impoverished lives.” -Florence Luscomb
22. I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met. -John Green
23. Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind. -Anthony Bourdain
24. Wherever you go, go with all your heart. -Confucius
25. A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. -Lao Tzu
I hope you enjoyed this unique list of the best adventure travel quotes! Looking for more travel inspiration? Find me on social media. I post a lot more over on Instagram : )